CCU'S Seth Lancaster Drafted in 8th Round by Philadelphia Phillies
CONWAY, SC - Coastal Carolina shortstop Seth Lancaster was drafted by the Philadelphia in the 10th round of the Major League Draft. Lancaster concluded his career as one of the best to ever short a CCU uniform.
• Selected in the 8th round (227th overall pick) of the Major League Baseball Draft by the Philadelphia Phillies
• Since 2000, Is the 14th Chanticleer to be drafted in the top 8 rounds that was not drafted out of high school.
• A Chanticleer has been selected within the first 10 rounds of the Major League draft for 11 consecutive seasons and, with Lancaster, a total of 19 Chanticleers have gone within the first 10 rounds over the same span.
2018 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:
• Graduated May 8, 2018 with a degree in history.
• NAMED FIRST TEAM ALL-SUN BELT
• Named Sun Belt All-Tournament Team
• IN THE NCAA / SUN BELT (thru NCAA Regional Round)
- Runs Scored 81 2nd NCAA 2nd Sun Belt
- Walks 63 3rd NCAA 1st Sun Belt
- Home Runs 20 6th NCAA 1st Sun Belt
- Total Bases 146 22nd NCAA 1st Sun Belt
- Slug Pct. .646 35th NCAA 2nd Sun Belt
- Stolen Bases 23 54th NCAA 5th Sun Belt
- RBI 57 65th NCAA 3rd Sun Belt
- On Base Pct. .454 79th NCAA 6th Sun Belt
- Doubles 17 119th NCAA 8th Sun Belt
• The only player in the nation to rank among NCAA top 10 in walks, runs scored and home runs.
• The only player in the league to rank among the Sun Belt’s top 10 in walks, runs scored, home runs, slugging, total bases, RBI, doubles, stolen bases and OB%.
• NAMED SUN BELT ALL-TOURNAMENT: with Woodall, tied a tournament record with 10 runs scored in the four games ... Was 2-for-3 in the championship game, batted .455 for the tourney, hit three home runs and walked eight times.
• After going 2-for-3 with 3 runs scored in a win over North Carolina, was just 1-for-12 in the following Little Rock series ... Rebounded to be named Sun Belt Player of the Week in regular-season series finale at Appalachian State ... For the three-game series, was 7-for-12 with six runs, nine RBI, a double and three home runs while drawing to walks and having a slugging percentage of 1.417.
• Over the last nine games of his career, may have been the hottest hitter in the NCAA or at least the most productive ... Batted .405 (15-for-37) with 18 runs scored, 16 RBI, 7 HR and 12 walks ... Had a career-high six RBI and tied a CCU record with 3 HR in the game two at App State during span.
• ON THE CCU CAREER LISTS: third in walks (146), fifth in home runs (34), sixth in runs scored (175), 11th in games played (214) and 13th in stolen bases (53).
• ON THE CCU SINGLE SEASON LISTS: second in walks (63), third in runs scored (81) and fourth in home runs (20).
• While he batted .283 for career, had a career .413 on base pct. thanks to his 146 career walks.
• Drew 37 walks over his last 34 career games played.
• Had a 31-game streak of reaching base safely snapped at College of Charleston (Mar. 27), going 0-for-4 ... Had reached base safely in the first 26 games this season and last five of 2017 ... Overall for 2018, reached base safely in 57 of 62 games.
• Hit two, two-run, walk-off home runs in the 9th inning this season.
2018 BIG GAMES
• Scored three times in the opener versus Virginia Tech as he walked three times and was hit by a pitch ... Also hit a home run.
• Hit a two-run home run versus Illinois (2/24)
• Was 2-for-2 with a double and HR, scoring twice in the West Virginia win ... Walked three times and scored three times with two stolen bases vs. VCU.
• In 7-6 loss to Maryland, was 3-for-4 with a double and a 3-run HR in the ninth to cut the CCU deficit to one.
• Stayed hot by going 2-for-6 versus Radford and 3-for-5 with three runs scored versus Wake Forest (3/7).
• In the two games vs. Ohio State, was combined 4-for-6 with four runs scored ... Hit a walk-off, 2-run home run in the first Ohio State game to give CCU a 10-8 win.
• After going 0-for-5 (with 3 BB) in game 2 at A-State, went 2-for-4 with 3 RBI in the series finale.
• Was 2-for-4 with RBI in Clemson win (3/20) with an RBI ... To start 1st inning, reached on catcher’s interference and later scored for 1-0 lead.
• Scored five runs in the Texas State series on 3 hits and 3 walks.
• At Ga Southern, had at least one hit and one RBI in all three games ... In games 1 and 2 at Georgia Southern, had both a double and home run ... In game 3, his lone hit was an RBI double.
• Drove in 5 (of CCU’s 6 runs) with 2 HR in the South Al opener ... In game 2, hit a HR, had 2 RBI and walked twice ... Walked twice with RBI in finale.
• Hit 395-foot, 2-run HR at Wake for 3-0 lead ... Was 2-for-4 with 2 R & BB.
• In the ULM series, hit a two-run, walk-off home run in the 9th to end a 17-16 marathon game in the finale ... Batted .600 (6-for-10) with 9 runs, 5 RBI, Walk-off HR, .900 SLG%, 5 BB, 5-5 SB and .733 OB% ... In game one, was 2-for-3; singled and scored; walked and scored … Also doubled in the game ... In game two, was 1-for-3 but walked three times and scored all three times, also singled and scored ... In finale, was 3-for-5; singled and scored; walked and scored; had sac bunt that led to a CCU run and hit game-winning, 2-run, walk-off HR.
• Accounted for CCU’s first four runs in the 5-2 win over #3 North Carolina ... Had a 2-run home run in the first ... Walked and scored in the third ... Singled and scored in the fifth ... Added two stolen bases.
• SUN BELT PLAYER OF THE WEEK for season series finale at App State ... For the three-game series, was 7-for-12 (.583) with a slugging percentage of 1.417 ... However, 22 of his 27 innings played at Appalachian State came on one day — Saturday (completing game one and then playing two, nine-inning games) ... On that Saturday alone, was 6-for-9 with eight RBI, five runs scored, two walks, three home runs, two singles and a double ... In game two of the series, Lancaster tied CCU record by hitting three home runs (a 3-run HR, a 2-run HR and a solo HR) while driving in a career-high six in the 10-5 win. In game three of the series, Lancaster was 3-for-4 (hitting two singles and a double) with a run scored and two RBI, adding a sac fly.
• NAMED SUN BELT ALL-TOURNAMENT: with teammate Kevin Woodall, tied a tournament record with 10 runs scored ... Was 2-for-3 in the championship game, batted .455 for the tourney, hit three home runs and walked eight times ... Was 1-for-3 with 2 RBI and 2 runs vs UTA ... Was 2-for-3 with 2 RBI, HR, 2 BB and 4 runs in 1st game vs USA ... In semifinal vs USA, was 0-for-2 with 3 walks and run scored ... Vs Troy, was 2-for-3 with RBI, HR, 2 BB and three runs.
• AT NCAA REGIONAL: Had a hit in all three games, scored and walked in two of the three … Hit a two-run home run versus LIU Brooklyn … Was 1-for-4 with run scored versus Washington … Was 1-for-5 versus UConn in the finale.
LANCASTER’S CAREER STATISTICS
Year AVG GP-GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB SLG% BB HBP SO OB% SF SH SB-Att PO A E FLD%
2015 .191 32-16 68 9 13 2 0 1 11 18 .265 7 1 24 .273 1 3 2-6 33 61 4 .959
2016 .326 63-57 175 44 57 11 0 7 35 89 .509 40 3 42 .457 1 12 15-17 112 148 13 .952
2017 .250 57-57 200 41 50 11 1 6 31 81 .405 36 2 53 .368 1 5 13-19 35 93 15 .895
2018 .305 62-61 226 81 69 17 0 20 57 146 .646 63 2 55 .454 4 2 23-27 70 154 16 .933
CAREER .283 214-191 669 175 189 41 1 34 134 334 .499 146 8 174 .413 7 22 53-69 250 456 48 .936
LACASTER AMONG THE CCU CAREER LEADERS:
Most times reached on CI: 1st (9)
Most walks: 3rd (146)
Most home runs: 5th (34)
Most assists: 6th (456)
Most runs scored: t-6th (175)
Most double plays turned: 7th (92)
Most games played: t-11th (214)
Most games started: 13th (191)
Most stolen bases: t-13th (53)
Most doubles: t-20th (41)
LACASTER AMONG THE CCU SINGLE-SEASON LEADERS:
Most times reached on CI: 1st (7 in 2018)
Most walks: 2nd (63 in 2018)
Most times reached on CI: t-2nd (2 in 2017)
Most runs scored: 3rd (81 in 2018)
Most home runs: t-4th (20 in 2018)
Most sacrifice hits: t-14th (12 in 2016)
Most double plays turned: t-14th (39 in 2016)
Most assists: 19th (154 in 2018)