Whip Up Your Weekend: Savory Cheese Crackers
Wondering what to bring to your holiday party? Savory Cheese Crackers are sure to be a hit!
- 3/4 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- Pinch of chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl cream the butter, cheese and egg yolk. Add the flour and spices and mix until smooth. Form a log and wrap in plastic wrap and chill till firm and sliceable.
- Slice the cookies into 1/4-inch discs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Makes 24 wafers.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.