Whip Up Your Weekend: Peach Soda Ice Cream Float
You can cool off with a refreshing homemade peach soda ice cream float.
- 2 cups ripe peach puree
- 1 1/2 cups soda water
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- Pinch of salt
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 fresh ripe peach sliced into four pieces
- In a pitcher place the puree, 1 cup of the soda water, orange juice, honey and salt and stir until well mixed.
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream into each of 4 tall glasses.
- Pour in the peach mixture, top with the remaining soda water and garnish with a straw and sliced peach.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.