Whip Up Your Weekend: Gluten Free Protein Bar
If you're looking for a yummy post work out snack or just want some extra protein, you might want to try these gluten free protein bars.
- 5 ozgranulated sugar
- 4 ozbrown sugar
- 3 oz room temp Butter
- 2 oz natural peanut butter
- 2 oz Rice based or Corn Based cereal flakes
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- 4 oz Bobs Redmill All Purpose Gluten Free flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 4 oz Quick oats
- 4 oz peanut butter chips or peanuts chopped
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Now incorporate rest of dry ingredients into dough one item at a time starting with cereal.
- Allow 1/2 minute of mix time after each new dry ingredient.
- Place the dough into 9 by 9 pan (sprayed and papered) and bake in a preheated 355 degree oven for 19 minutes.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.