Whip Up Your Weekend: Easy Chorizo Pimento Cheese
Chef Geoff shares a unique twist on a south staple: Pimento Cheese.
- 2 cups shredded Jack and Cheddar cheese blend
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresca
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 ounces diced green chilis, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all cheese, cream cheese, chorizo, mayonnaise, garlic, minced jalapeno, and chilis into a large bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Season to taste with salt, cilantro and black pepper.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.