Whip Up Your Weekend: Bacon and Heirloom Tomato Salad
If you would like an easy summer recipe, look no further. Chef Geoff whips up a bacon and heirloom tomato salad.
- 1/2 lb small heirloom tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Chopped Bacon
- 1 basil leaf chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded parm
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crusty bread for serving
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, bacon, cheese, basil, garlic, olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- You can serve directly on the bread or serve bread on the side.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.