WPDE Spirit Award
Use the weekly hashtag to show which of two competing schools has the most school spirit in the WPDE Spirit Award Contest!
The hashtags will be announced each Monday night during the 6pm newscast and the entry period will end at midnight on Wednesday. The winners will then be featured during a special sports segment.
Post your videos, photos and more using the hashtag on Twitter to help your school win!
WPDE/WEEKLY SPIRIT AWARD
TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM OFFICIAL VOTING CONTEST RULES
Contest: WPDE/Weekly Spirit Award
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WPDE
Station Address: WPDE, 10 University Boulevard, Conway, SC 29526
Contest Area: South Carolina Counties: Horry, Florence, and Georgetown.
Prize Provider: WPDE
Age of Eligibility: Voting participants must be fourteen (14) and older.
Schools Eligible to be in the running to be up for the Spirit Award: Lumberton High School, Scotland County High School, Carolina Academy, Florence Christian Academy, Kings Academy, Pee Dee Academy, Dillon Christian Academy, Trinity Byrnes Collegiate, Timmonsville High School, Latta High School, Lake View High School, Hemingway High School, Johnsonville High School, Lamar High School, Carvers Bay High School, Green Sea Floyds High School, Hannah-Pamplico, Waccamaw High School, Creek Bridge High School, Loris High School, Marion High School, Mullins High School, Dillon High School, Lake City High School, Andrews High School, Aynor High School, Cheraw High School, St. James High School, Wilson High School, North Myrtle Beach High School, Marlboro County High School, Myrtle Beach High School, Darlington High School, Georgetown High School, Hartsville High School, Carolina Forest High School, Socastee High School, Conway High School, South Florence High School, West Florence High School
Contest Period: August 28, 2017 to October 26, 2017
Entries Due: 11:59 PM EDT on August 30, 2017; September 6, 13, 20, 27 2017; and October 4, 11, 18, 25, 2017
Entry is unlimited.
Hashtag and Content to Enter to Vote: Each week, the Station will assign two (2) pre-selected nominee participating High Schools each with a designated Hashtag to Enter. Visit Station’s Twitter Account Website and/or Station’s Instagram Website during the Contest Period to find the weekly Hashtags to enter for each participating High School. Then, Tweet or post the Hashtag to Enter for the school that you want to win along with school spirit-related content (ex. a comment, photo or video). No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive submissions (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
Drawing Dates: August 31, 2017; September 7, 14, 21, 28, 2017; and October 5, 12, 19, 26, 2017
Number of Winners on Each Winner Determination Date: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: Nine (9)
Prize and Value: The winning High School will receive a trophy. Total approximate retail value of prize is $10.
Station’s Twitter Accounts/Handles: @wpdeabc15; @EndZoneWPDE
Station’s Twitter Account Websites: https://twitter.com/wpdeabc15; https://twitter.com/endzonewpde
Station’s Instagram Account: wpdeabc15
Station’s Instagram Websites: https://instagram.com/wpdeabc15
Station’s Website: http://wpde.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wpde.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
There are two (2) ways to vote. By participating, you agree that the pre-selected nominee participating High School, not the voting participant/entrant is eligible to win the prize.
Enter via Twitter:
1. To vote, follow the Station’s Twitter Account/Handle during the Contest Period with your Twitter Account/Handle by clicking the “Follow” button.
2. Then, from your Twitter Account/Handle, tweet the corresponding Hashtag to Enter for the participating High School that you want to win and mention the Station’s Twitter Account (@wpdeabc15 -or- @EndZoneWPDE) along with your school spirit-related content. Tweet must not be protected.
3. There is no charge to sign up for Twitter. Entries submitted via this method will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account the entry is submitted from at the time of entry. For this entry method, the “authorized account holder” is the person who is assigned to the Twitter account by the online service provider. The account holder’s profile must be public in order for Entry to be considered. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Enter via Instagram:
1. To vote, follow the Station’s Instagram Account during the Contest Period with your Instagram Account by clicking the “Follow” button.
2. Then, post the corresponding Hashtag to Enter for the participating High School that you want to win on the Station’s Instagram Account Website along with your school spirit-related content. Post must not be protected.
3. There is no charge to sign up for Instagram. Entries submitted via this method will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account the entry is submitted from at the time of entry. For this entry method, the “authorized account holder” is the person who is assigned to the Instagram account by the online service provider. The account holder’s profile must be public in order for Entry to be considered. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
How to Win
The Winning High School on each Winner Determination Date will be selected based on the pre-selected nominee participating High School that receives the most valid tweets on Twitter and posts on Instagram of their corresponding Hashtag to Enter, as determined by Station, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied schools.
1. To be eligible to be vote in the Contest, participants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility. Only pre-selected nominee participating High Schools are eligible to win.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By submitting a vote, participant/Entrant acknowledges that his or her entry may be posted across any or all of Station’s digital and social platforms, at Station’s discretion. Submission of an entry grants Station and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. the Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per household, per Twitter account, if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), Twitter and Instagram accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Twitter is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
16. Instagram is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.