Whip Up Your Weekend: Christmas cookies
Conway, SC (WPDE) —
It's the time of year for holiday baking. Impress your guests with these three ingredient butterfly holiday cookies.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TB Favorite Holiday Sweet Spice Blend
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Brush the melted butter evenly over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle half the sugar on the pastry, then spread it around evenly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry into a rectangle, pressing the sugar into the pastry.
- Flip the pastry, then repeat the process, brushing with butter and rolling in the rest of the sugar.
- Starting from the shorter edges, roll them tightly towards the middle.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill
- Place the slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart to allow for expansion.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping them halfway, until the sugar is caramelized and the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool, then serve. Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.