Twisted up All-American hand pies
- 1 can (8 oz. each) premium apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup sun-dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 loaf cinnamon swirl white bread (crust trimmed off)
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Mix apple filling, cherries, and pecans in medium bowl by hand until blended. Gently roll out the slices of bread with a rolling pin until thin.
Spoon 2- 3 tablespoons of apple, cherry, pecan mixture into the middle of each square of rolled out bread. Fold the bread to make a stuffed triangle.
After assembled brush each with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Place in sandwich press and griddle for four minutes until crispy. Allow to cool for a moment then drizzle with maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Goeffrey Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.