Spinach and Greek Yogurt Naan Pizza
On Sunday, March 26, Chef Geoff Blount made Spinach and Greek Yogurt Naan Pizza for National Spinach Day!
2 small pre-cooked naan breads
1 green Onion sliced
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp ranch spice blend
1 cup fresh baby spinach (stems removed)
½ cup shredded or sliced mozzarella
½ red onion sliced thin
2 TB shredded Parmesan
Salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a bowl mix the Greek yogurt, ranch spice and the sliced green onions till blended.
3. Place naan breads on the prepared baking sheet; spread each naan with the spiced yogurt mix. Arrange spinach, red onions, and mozzarella cheese onto each naan; top with tomato slices as an option. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until pizza is crispy on the edges and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Turn on oven's broiler and broil until cheese is lightly browned and bubbling, about 2 minutes.
5. Drizzle with good olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
For information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.