Guilt-free cranberry walnut treat
- 4 egg whites (slightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup coconut fat
- 1/4 cup unsweet applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda brown sugar mix granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Cream coconut fat and sugars. Add applesauce, then egg whites and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Fold in cranberries and nuts. Mixture will be thick. Spread into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are golden and start to pull away from the pan.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Geoff Blount. For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.