Breakfast for dinner: strata casserole with leftovers
On Sunday, March 5, Chef Geoffrey Blount from Horry Georgetown Technical College's International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach made breakfast for dinner. He made strata casserole.
1/2 pound of left over chicken or other meats (sausage, hamburger, bacon strips)
5 slices of bread (diced)
2 cups of shredded cheese (any kind)
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper (heavy dash of each)
Optional Seasonings (Mrs Dash etc.)
1. Chop up left over meats or protein into bite size pieces and reserve.
2. Place bread cubes, meat, and cheddar cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and optional seasoning. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cube mixture. Let this soak in for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Spray a large muffin tin mold with non stick spray. Deposit the soaked mixture till the cups are 3/4 full.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
For more information on the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry Georgetown Technical College, click here.