76
      Saturday
      86 / 71
      Sunday
      84 / 72
      Monday
      85 / 73

      NMB Fire Dept. responds to condominium fire

      A mother and a child were inside a condominium when a mattress caught fire around noon on Saturday, according to Chief Tom Barstow, with the North Myrtle Beach Fire Department.

      The fire was at Harbour Cove located in Barefoot Resort, according to Pat Dowling, the North Myrtle Beach public information officer.

      The occupants and a neighbor tried to extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher, but they were not successful, according to Barstow.

      The building had sprinklers, which helped contain the fire until crews got there and were able to put the fire out.

      The North Myrtle Beach Fire Department responded, a long with mutual aid units from Horry County Fire Department.

      Nobody was injured.

      The estimated damage is $20,000.

      ??