74
      Monday
      86 / 73
      Tuesday
      87 / 74
      Wednesday
      88 / 74

      Mixed pool chemicals cause evacuations at Captain's Quarters Resort

      A maintenance worker was taken to a hospital after mixing some pool chemicals together, causing an unpleasant smell at Captain's Quarters Resort in Myrtle Beach, according to Bruce Arnel with the Myrtle Beach Fire Department.

      The incident happened Friday morning around 10:30 at the resort on 9th Avenue South and Ocean Boulevard.

      Two floors of the resort were evacuated directly above the pool room as a precautionary measure, Arnel said.

      Ocean Boulevard and the beach remain open.

      Crews remain on scene to make sure the chemicals don't spread beyond the pool room.

      We will continue to update this story as new information comes in.