Emergency food stamps available to some affected by power outages

The South Carolina Department of Social Services says if you were on food stamps prior to the winter storm that impacted our area last week, you may be eligible for reimbursement.

You must report your loss of food within 10 calendar days to your local DSS office.

You then must submit an affidavit and fill out forms at your local office.

DSS will determine if you are eligible to receive a partial monthly benefit payment for your loss of food because of the power outage.

If you have any questions, call the Department of Social Services in Columbia at 803-898-7858.