Two in custody in connection to Heather Elvis disappearance

Tammy Moorer, 41, and Sidney Moorer, 38, of Myrtle Beach, were taken into police custody Friday morning.

Tammy Moorer, 41, and Sidney Moorer, 38, of Myrtle Beach, are in custody, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County Police, in connection to a search warrant executed Friday morning as part of the investigation into Heather Elvis' disappearance.

Both have been booked at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

Saturday, police plan to release the charges the couple will face.

READ MORE: A timeline of events in the Heather Elvis case

The warr


nt was served around 7 a.m. Friday at the home on Highway 814 near Socastee as an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes and financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the people living in the home, according to a police department release.

The couple has several children, all juveniles, Kegler said. "The children are not in any danger," he added.

WPDE NewsChannel 15's Courtney Griffin talked to a person near the scene who said officers were searching the home and vehicles parked at the home. "Police cars are everywhere," the person said.

Neighbors said they awoke to sounds of investigators shouting and police cars arriving on scene.

Sam Hale says the police cars in front of the home are a familiar site. "Just lately the police units have been sitting down there, sometimes they'll be there all day long," Hale said.

Jenna Todd couldn't get home because police have the road blocked off while they search. "My friend was taking me home and we drive down here, and it's blocked off, so we're going to have to take a different way."

Horry County police, the State Law Enforcement Division, the 15th Circuit Solicitors Office, Highway Patrol, and the US Marshals Office were all on scene for the search.

Horry County police had a mobile command unit on scene because of the length of time the search was taking and because of the weather conditions, Lt. Kegler said.

After 11 hours searching, at about 6:30pm Friday, the scene was cleared, and the highway reopened. Lt. Kegler said that police found a lot of evidence during the search.

According to Lt. Kegler, there was no digging at the site, despite reports of that by witnesses.

There is still no sign of Heather Elvis.

The Elvis family released a statement around 10 a.m. Friday, according to the Find Heather Elvis Facebook page.

It said, "We are in constant prayer today and ask that you keep us and those who are working so hard to find answers in your prayers today also. God please continue to hear our cries for justice and mercy, thank you for your grace on those who seek your face."