Spirit Airlines has moved up the start dates for its 2013 seasonal service to and from Myrtle Beach.
· Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Chicago O'Hare starting February 14, 2013.
· Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Detroit starting February 14, 2013.
· Three weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and Latrobe/Pittsburgh starting February 14, 2013, with service increasing to daily on April 24, 2013.
· Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and Niagara Falls, New York/Toronto starting February 15, 2013, with service increasing to four weekly flights on April 25, 2013.
· Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, West Virginia starting March 2, 2013, with service increasing to three weekly flights on April 25, 2013.
"We are pleased that Spirit is commencing nonstop air service from the Latrobe/Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls/Buffalo and Charleston, West Virginia areas to Myrtle Beach nearly two months earlier than in previous years,as well as moving up service from Detroit and Chicago. The added months of air service from these great markets to Myrtle Beach will be well received by the traveling public," said Michael La Pier, Myrtle Beach International Airport's Director of Airports in a press release.
"The availability of affordable transportation into the Myrtle Beach area is crucial to building our tourism economy and enhances our ability to market the area as a year-round, world-class vacation destination," said Brad Dean, President and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB. "We're very pleased to see these early start dates and added Spring capacity to Myrtle Beach International Airport as Spirit continues to provide our visitors and residents with low fare options."