Twenty one people were arrested and around 50 drug distribution warrants were served over the past two days in Horry and Georgetown Counties after a yearlong investigation into area heroin sales.
The 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement Unit started an investigation about a year ago into Heroin sales in Georgetown County, specifically the Pawleys Island area, according to a news release.
Agents worked for several months on "Operation Beach Sweep" to obtain the arrest warrants, and a search warrant, that they believe will significantly affect Heroin distribution in Georgetown County, the release said.
According to the release, a search warrant was executed on Green Drive in the Pawleys Island Community of Georgetown County which led to the arrest of Andiza Simmons, 39, for Possession of Heroin, Drug Paraphernalia and two counts of being a Felon in Possession of a Handgun.
Melinda Green, 35, was also arrested at the scene and charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
The search warrant, along with the other arrest warrant services, resulted in the seizure of over $12,000 cash, over 67 grams of crack cocaine, and several grams of heroin, along with powder cocaine and marijuana packaged for sale.
Agents also discovered several marijuana plants, which were part of a marijuana grow, a loaded .380 handgun and two loaded 9 mm handguns during the operation.
The following individuals were arrested and transported to the Georgetown County Detention Center.
· Christopher Douglas Brown, 22, of Pawleys Island
· Elijah Antonio Brown, 30, of Pawleys Island
· Reginald Horace Bryant, Jr., 34, of Pawleys Island
· Kenneth Canty, 30, of Georgetown
· Darius O'Neil Dozier, 25, of Georgetown
· Lamar Easterling, 20, of Pawleys Island
· Jerry "Alex" Faulk, Jr., 31, of Pawleys Island
· Quinton Stefon Ford, 19, of Georgetown
· Randell Lee Godbolt, 48, of Pawleys Island
· Vincent Anthony Keith, 39, of Pawleys Island
· Marquis O'Brian Mickel, 28, of Georgetown
· Wesley Scott Moore, 25, of Georgetown
· Reggie Murray, 39, of Pawleys Island
· Dremonde O. Richardson, 20, of Pawleys Island
· Douglas "DJ" Shultz, 23, of Murrells Inlet
· Kwamane Edward Smith, 22, of Pawleys Island
· Steven Saxon Smith, 22, of Pawleys Island
· Jacob Michael Walton, 23, of Murrells Inlet
· Andrew Clifford West, Jr., 28, of Myrtle Beach
Several additional suspects are still being sought and the investigation is continuing.
Judge Pyatt denied bond for Christopher Douglas Brown and Elijah "Tony" Brown, who were identified as two of the main targets of the investigation. Bond was also denied for Kwamane Smith who was already out on bond for attempted murder and kidnapping related to a drug dispute earlier this year in the City of Georgetown.
35 law enforcement officers from local agencies, as well as the Drug Enforcement Agency, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives worked to serve those warrants and make the arrests.