77
      Thursday
      90 / 74
      Friday
      89 / 73
      Saturday
      84 / 71

      Overnight apartment fire in Florence sends resident to the hospital

      An apartment fire started overnight in Florence.

      Florence firefighters were called to the structure fire in the 800 Block of Cheraw Dr. around 11:00 Tuesday night.

      Crews saw smoke and flames coming from the back of a ground floor apartment.

      They got the fire under control in less than 10 minutes.

      The fire was determined to be accidental and appears to have started by food left unattended on the stove.

      One of the residents was taken to a local hospital with an undisclosed medical issue.