Official: 70 dead in Bangladesh building collapse
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:48:46 GMT —
SAVAR, Bangladesh (AP) - Bangladesh's health minister says 70 people have been confirmed dead in the collapse of a building housing several garment factories near the capital.
Health Minister A.F.M. Ruhal Haque said that by Wednesday afternoon 70 bodies had been removed from the eight-story building. Rescuers said they had saved 600 other people from the rubble, but feared more remained inside.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)