Myrtle Beach police arrest man connected to two Ocean Boulevard gun incidents
Myrtle Beach, S.C. (WPDE) —
Myrtle Beach police has arrested a man connected to two Ocean Boulevard gun incidents last month.
Earlier Monday afternoon, Myrtle Beach police announced they were looking for 19-year-old Ronaldo Mark Fraser.
Fraser was arrested on June 21 in connection with a drug and gun incident that happened on June 18, just before the Ocean Boulevard shooting that was streamed live on Facebook. Police Chief Amy Prock said just before that shooting, officers had to set up a perimeter to search for Fraser.
Fraser was issued a $25,000 surety bond on the drug and unlawful carrying of a pistol charges.
Now Myrtle Beach police say he is being charged in connection with an attempted murder that happened at the Lazy G Motel over that same weekend.
On June 19, police were called to a reported shooting at the motel, according to a police report.
Police saw a 24-year-old man and a 25-year-old man leaving the area and they told the officer they heard a gunshot and started to run.
When the officer got to the scene of the shooting, they were told that the shooting happened after an argument between the two men that the officer saw leaving the scene earlier and a third man. Police now say that third man is Fraser.
The 24-year-old and the 25-year-old men were uncooperative with police and neither appeared to have been wounded by the gunfire, according to the report. Officers found a 380 auto shell casing in a back parking lot.
Monday evening, around 6:50 p.m., Myrtle Beach police announced that Fraser had been arrested.
In a tweet, they said he turned himself in at the police department.
According to a news release, after Fraser's information and photo were posted on social media, a family member convinced Fraser to turn himself in.
Police say Fraser is currently going through the booking process.
He will attend a bond hearing Tuesday morning at 9 a.m.