Myrtle Beach Police plan to enforce parking restrictions around Super Block
According to Lt. Joey Crosby with the Myrtle Beach Police Department, they are starting parking restrictions in the Super Block area of Myrtle Beach because of the violence that has happened there.
Saturday morning, a shooting took place at the Pure Ultra Nightclub. Five people were injured in the shooting and as of Saturday evening, police say no arrests have been made.
Starting on Sunday, November 6 parking will be prohibited from 2 AM - 6 AM in all public parking spaces in the Five Points District of Downtown Myrtle Beach.
All public parking spaces (surface lots and parallel parking spaces) located on both sides of the following streets and interior to the area bound by:
• Broadway- Joe White Avenue to 9th North
• Broadway – 9th North to Main Street
• Main Street – Broadway to Kings Highway
• Kings Highway – Main Street to Joe White
• Includes “Super Block, surface lot 8th N and Oak St. surface lot between 8th N, Oak and Broadway, and surface lot off Broadway (east of City Hall)
• City hall, City Hall Annex (Housing Authority), and Train Depot Parking Lots
• Exceptions: Public Officials in the performance of their duties.