81 / 66
      78 / 61
      73 / 58

      Myrtle Beach hotel pool evacuated, 18 treated at hospital

      The Landmark Resort Pool in Myrtle Beach was evacuated and people were taken to the hospital when two chemicals mixed and made people sick.

      According to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center's public information person Joan Carroza, 18 people total were taken to the hospital. Twelve people were transported by ambulance and six by car. All were treated and released.

      Muriatic acid and chlorine mixed and caused respiratory problems, according to Myrtle Beach Fire Department Battalion Chief Bob Derr.

      He says the hazmat situation was accidental.

      The pool area was evacuated from about 7:50 pm until about 9:15pm.

      A pool company is on it's way to clean up the area.

      WPDE has a crew on the scene. Keep clicking CarolinaLive.com for more updates.