Myrtle Beach hotel evacuated after smoke fills one room

Fire crews at Grand Shores/Andrew Prue

Friday night just before 9 pm, fire crews rushed to the Grande Shores Ocean Resort on 77th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach after one of the rooms filled with smoke.

The hotel was evacuated for about 30 minutes as a precaution.

Battalion Chief Bruce Arnel with Myrtle Beach Fire Department said an exhaust fan motor burned up in the bathroom of a room on the fifth floor. It caused a lot of smoke, but little to no damage.