More than 100 charges dropped in Hells Angels bust
Thu, 16 May 2013 18:12:21 GMT —
On 8/15/2014, we were notified that charges against 17 of the Hells Angels members had been dismissed. The 15th Circuit Solitior's Office says charges against 10 people are still pending. Click here for an updated story about the dismissed and pending Red Harvest charges.
The Solicitors Office dropped more than 100 charges filed in the Hells Angels bust that police called Operation Red Harvest.
It started on the south end of Horry County on April 30, 2012.
Dozens of people were arrested for drug charges to conspiracy.
In all, about 225 indictments were handed down.
The solicitors office dismissed 103 of them.
About 60 of those had to do with Lynching or Conspiracy for a fight.
An apparent Hells Angel and an off-duty police officer were having cook outs on opposite sides of a fence, according to 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.
The officer asked the other party to stop using foul language and he and the Hells Angel got into a fight. Richardson says it turns out, the other people were not involved. It was just between the two people.
Witnesses recanted on some of the other charges, like Kidnapping.
Richardson added that they will go through the rest of the charges on a case by case basis.