More non-stop flights coming to Myrtle Beach
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:56:00 GMT —
Spirit Airlines announces two, new non-stop flights for Myrtle Beach International Airport. Starting April 25, Spirit Airlines will offer non-stop flights to Baltimore and Philadelphia.
Spirit Airlines says if you purchase a ticket today, it will be $39 a flight.
From April 25 to November 5, flights will leave Baltimore at 10:45 a.m. daily and arrive in Myrtle Beach at 12:10 p.m. They'll leave Myrtle Beach at 5:20 p.m. and arrive at 6:40 p.m.
Daily fights from Philadelphia will leave at 7:20 a.m. and arrive in Myrtle Beach at 9 a.m. They'll leave Myrtle Beach at 9:50 a.m. and arrive in Philadelphia at 11:25 a.m.
"We're excited to even further expand our network of destinations to and from Myrtle Beach. Spirit carries more visitors to Myrtle Beach than any other airline, operating exclusively with large Airbus A319 and A320 jets with 145 - 178 seats each," said Mark Kopczak, Spirit's Senior Director of Network Planning, in a press release.
"We are delighted with Spirit Airlines' business decision to broaden its route network at Myrtle Beach International Airport. The addition of nonstop air service to both the Philadelphia and Baltimore-Washington areas while significantly increasing seat capacity to its existing markets should be well received by the traveling public," said Michael La Pier, Horry County Director of Airports.
Spirit already offers year-round daily nonstop service to Myrtle Beach from Atlantic City, Boston, Fort Lauderdale and New York LaGuardia, and also recently announced it has moved up the start dates for its 2013 seasonal service to/from Myrtle Beach:
· Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Chicago O'Hare starting February 14, 2013.
· Daily nonstop service between Myrtle Beach and Detroit starting February 14, 2013.
· Three weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and the Latrobe/Pittsburgh area starting February 14, 2013, with service increasing to daily on April 25, 2013.
· Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and the Niagara Falls, New York/Toronto area starting February 15, 2013, with service increasing to four weekly flights on April 25, 2013.
· Two weekly nonstop flights between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, West Virginia starting March 2, 2013.
In addition, effective April 25, 2013, Spirit resumes seasonal service to/from Myrtle Beach and the Plattsburgh, New York/Montreal Area and Dallas/Fort Worth, both with three flights per week.
"The availability of affordable transportation into the Myrtle Beach area is crucial to building our tourism economy and greatly enhances our ability to market in challenging economic times," said Brad Dean, President and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB. "We're very pleased to see Spirit Airlines expand nonstop air service and increase overall capacity to Myrtle Beach International Airport while continuing to provide our visitors and residents with low fare options."