57
      Thursday
      72 / 50
      Friday
      72 / 52
      Saturday
      78 / 58

      Man injured in house fire

      A Dillon man in his 60's suffered smoke inhalation and internal burns when his home caught fire Monday night, according to Dillon Fire Chief Keith Bailey.

      Firefighters rescued the man from the fire at his home on East Hudson Street.

      Dillon County EMS took him to the hospital. He was then flown to the Augusta Burn Center in Georgia.

      The man was in serious condition, Bailey said, but he hasn't been updated on the victim's condition as of Tuesday.

      It appears the fire started from an shortage in a power surge electrical meter connector, according to Bailey.

      The fire was ruled accidental.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER