Man burned while burning storm debris
Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:07:06 GMT —
A man burning tree limbs left over from last week's winter storm got burned by his own fire Tuesday, according to Horry County Fire Rescue Public Information Officer Brian VanAernem.
It happened at a home on Highway 544 around 1:30 p.m.
The man was adding gasoline to the debris pile, when the wind gusted and blew the fire at him, burning his arms legs, and face, VanAernem said.
The fire was extinguished and the man taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
His condition has not been released.