Hazmat situation in Murrells Inlet sends 5 people to the hospital
Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:26:11 GMT —
Five people had to be taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after a firefighters say a pump malfunctioned at a pool at Wachesaw Plantation East.
The five were complaining of respiratory and skin irritation problems, possibly from chlorine exposure.
We're told the injuries are non-life threatening.
Capt. Nick Juliano with Murrells Inlet Garden City Fire says the incident is under investigation, and DHEC is on the scene.