'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of overdose of heroin and alcohol
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:06:34 GMT — VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - British Columbia coroner confirmed Tuesday that 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of overdose of heroin and alcohol. The coroner said it was "a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol." Monteith, the heartthrob actor who became an overnight star as a high school quarterback-turned-singer in the hit TV series "Glee" but had battled addiction since his teenage years, was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver, police said.
He was 31.