MENU

      Former exec: Future of SC amusement park is grim

      MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - A former president of Freestyle Music Park says nearly everyone on the amusement park's board has resigned and the future of the coastal South Carolina attraction is grim.

      Steve Baker told The Sun News of Myrtle Beach on Tuesday that every board member except for one resigned earlier this month after the mortgage holder of the park filed a foreclosure suit.

      Baker says he doesn't think there is anyone close to buying the park, which was sold in bankruptcy court last year for $25 million. The park cost $400 million to build and opened as Hard Rock Park in 2008.

      It has remained closed since spending one season as Freestyle Amusement Park in the summer of 2009.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER