69
      Sunday
      81 / 69
      Monday
      82 / 69
      Tuesday
      84 / 69

      Fmr NMB public safety director sues city for $11 million

      The former North Myrtle Beach public safety director is suing the city for wrongful termination.

      William Bailey says a grievance hearing in April did not meet the requirements set out in the personnel manual.

      That's just one issue cited by Bailey in the suit. He says the city denied him his liberty, property interests in wages, retirement benefits and other employment benefits.

      Bailey's troubles started when his service weapon was stolen from his truck.

      City officials say Bailey told them the weapon had been locked in the vehicle's glovebox, but it was later discovered his glovebox didn't lock.

      Bailey says he never told the city it was locked, but rather that it was "secured" in his truck.

      The city terminated Bailey last month.

      Bailey is seeking $11 million in damages.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER