76
      Tuesday
      86 / 73
      Wednesday
      90 / 73
      Thursday
      88 / 73

      Florence home damaged in stove fire

      FLORENCE, S.C. (WPDE) - Early Saturday morning the Florence Fire Department responded to an attic fire at a home in the 700 block of Lincoln Street. When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke coming from the home, according to Public Information Officer Ken Carr.

      Carr says there was a grease fire on the stove earlier in the evening, the resident thought the fire was completely out, but it extended into the attic area. The resident discovered the fire in the attic later in the evening after smelling smoke in the home. It took crews about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire.

      No one was injured.

      Carr adds you should never leave a stove unattended while cooking.