Firefighters responding to house fire on Highway 701
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:49:27 GMT —
Horry County Fire Rescue was called to a building on fire on Highway 701 at Pitch Landing Road just before 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The resident started a fire in the fireplace, closed everything up, and left, according to Assistant Chief Scott Thompson.
The fire then started in the chimney and spread into the attic, Thompson said.
The home was heavily damaged. No one will be able to live in it until it is repaired, Thompson said.
Highway 701 is open, after it was shut down while firefighters fought the fire.