Fire temporarily shuts down restaurant
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:32:23 GMT —
Midway Grill in the Effingham community of Florence County is closed Wednesday after a grease fire at the restaurant.
Howe Springs firefighters say they responded to a fire at the restaurant just before 10 a.m.
Workers say they noticed a fire behind the grill so they got all of the customers out of the business.
They say they could see flames coming through the roof of the restaurant.
Firefighters say they had to cut a hole through the side of the roof in order to put out the fire.
Workers say they know the restaurant will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, but they aren't sure beyond that point.
Firefighters say, at this point, the fire appears to be accidental.