Fire at Peppertree Condos in North Myrtle Beach injures firefighter
Fri, 23 May 2014 22:35:28 GMT —
A fire at the Peppertree by the Sea Condo Complex in North Myrtle Beach has been put out but left a firefighter with a first degree burn, as well as damaged property.
North Myrtle Beach Spokesman Pat Dowling said the fire was in a second story unit in the condos located off of 3rd Avenue South in North Myrtle Beach.
Dowling said a firefighter received a first degree burn on his knee when water vaporized into steam and blew back at him. An occupant of the unit also had some smoke inhalation.
He said there was likely some damage done to adjacent units, but did not go into detail.
No cause has been determined yet for the fire.