Family's home destroyed by fire
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:53:48 GMT —
A family of six is without a home Wednesday after a fire destroyed it.
Firefighters were called to the mobile home fire on Mamie Road near Galivants Ferry around 3:30 p.m., according to Horry County Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Matt Montgomery.
No one was home when the fire started, Montgomery said.
It was contained to one room. However, the home is considered a total loss because of smoke damage.
The Red Cross is now assisting the family.
Firefighters say an overloaded circuit board caused the fire that destroyed the home.