Explosive devices found inside a Florence home

Police responding to the home off of Pickford Lane where possible explosive devices were found.

Update: John Parker, 20, has been charged in connection with the several bombs that were found in a Florence home Friday, according to Florence police. For more details on the charges visit this story.

The State Law Enforcement Division bomb squad has detonated several devices in a field off of Celebration Boulevard in Florence.

Major Carlos Raines with Florence police said multiple devices were detonated and that the detonation would be similar to that of a military grenade going off.

Police are saying the explosives were found at a home off Pickford Lane, but they will not go in to detail about what kind of explosive devices they are.

Celebration Boulevard was reopened to traffic around 1:30 p.m. Friday after the devices were detonated.

Celebration Blvd is blocked off as bombs squads detonate devices. Heard noise from explosion.

â?? Tonya Brown (@tbrowntallie) July 18, 2014

Police have said this is the first time they've had explosive devices found in Florence in several years.

SLED and Florence Police were called to a home off Pickford Lane off of South Cashua Drive for a domestic dispute around 3 a.m. Friday, according to Florence Police Chief Allen Heidler.

Heidler said investigators suspected explosive devices were inside the house.

Possible explosive devices found inside of Florence home. SLED has moved devices to a safe location.

â?? Tonya Brown (@tbrowntallie) July 18, 2014

Police immediately evacuated four homes and eight condominiums in the surrounding area.

SLED's bomb team was called in to help investigate.

Business owners on Celebration Boulevard in Florence said that police asked them to stay inside.

Celebration Boulevard is just a few blocks away from the home where the possible explosive devices were found.

An employee of a business solution company that employs 200 people said officers advised them to stay inside as police would be dealing with explosive devices.

Police said earlier that the devices were moved to a safe location to see if they will explode.

Heidler said the investigation is ongoing and police are working to determine if charges will be filed.

Heidler commended his department and SLED for how they handled the situation to ensure the safety of those in the immediate area.