76
      Saturday
      86 / 71
      Sunday
      83 / 71
      Monday
      84 / 72

      Enoch Road home catches fire

      Photo courtesy of Horry County Fire Rescue

      Horry County firefighters were called to a double-wide mobile home at 4180 Enoch Road about 9:45 a.m. Friday to find flames and heavy smoke.

      The fire was under control by 10:15 a.m.

      A mother and three children lived in the home. But no one was home at the time of the fire.

      An improperly installed clothes dryer started the fire, according to Battalion Chief Matt Montgomery. He said it didn't have the ventilation pipe attached, which created a lot of heat.

      The home is a total loss, Montgomery said. The American Red Cross is helping the family.