73 / 63
      73 / 62
      77 / 62

      Dryer causes early morning fire in Myrtle Beach

      A dryer in a laundry room is to blame for an early morning fire in the Forestbrook area of Myrtle Beach, according to Brian VanAernem with Horry County Fire Rescue.

      VanAernem said the fire started on Loblolly Lane just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.

      He said it broke out in the laundry room on the second floor of a two-story house while a family was inside.

      Horry County Fire Rescue crews had it under control in 15 minutes, according to VanAernem.

      Damage was contained to the laundry room.

      We're told no one was hurt.