The South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Chad Connelly announced details Thursday of what they're calling the "SCGOP Experience" weekend and "First in the South" presidential debate. The debate, which will air on Fox News, will be held at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center on Monday, January 16, but there are events planned starting Saturday, January 14.
"January 14th, 15th, and 16th will mark three of the most important days in the 2012 Presidential nominating calendar. In scenic Myrtle Beach, our Republican Presidential candidates will begin the final countdown to South Carolina Republicans once again picking the Republican nominee for President," said Chairman Connelly in a prepared release.
Horry County GOP Chairwoman Johnnie Bellamy stated in the release, "Next January, the Grand Strand will roll out the red carpet of Southern hospitality to guests from around the world. Republicans from across the Pee Dee, as well as those from every corner of our state, will have the opportunity to see, meet, and interact with our Republican candidates and once again show that in South Carolina, We Pick Presidents!"
Chairman Connelly continued, "The eyes of the world will watch as the SCGOP partners with Fox News to host this important debate just five days before our Presidential Primary. We encourage all South Carolinians to join us in this historic weekend, as there will be opportunities for everyone.
"The weekend will include many events with free admission, a charity golf tournament, a 7th Congressional District candidate debate, vendor exhibits, a concert, and the Presidential debate. We look forward to making the weekend a true 'SCGOP Experience' for all who attend."
Event details are listed below:
- A charity golf tournament on Saturday afternoon (beneficiary announced soon)
- A charity concert featuring Celebrity guests on Saturday evening (free admission - beneficiary announced soon)
- South Carolina Faith and Freedom Coalition Prayer Breakfast on Sunday morning (free)
- 7th Congressional District candidate debate on Sunday evening (free)
- The SCGOP Experience, a Republican exhibition with vendors, food, and entertainment all day Sunday and Monday at Broadway at the Beach (free)
- Republican Women's "Tea" with the SCGOP, featuring prominent Republican women and spouses of the Presidential candidates on Sunday afternoon
- An Energy and Innovation Breakfast Forum, moderated by Special guests on Monday morning
- An SCGOP Chairman's Luncheon honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. mid-day Monday
- Pre-Presidential Debate and Post-Presidential Debate Receptions
- The "First in the South" Presidential Debate will be broadcast from 9pm until 11pm on Monday, January 16 on Fox News Channel
Additional events will be announced in the coming weeks.
To request tickets and for sponsorship information, click here. www.MyrtleBeachDebate.com.
* Sources: Coastal Carolina University, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce