67
      Friday
      86 / 67
      Saturday
      84 / 69
      Sunday
      81 / 69

      Church fire caused by faulty refrigerator

      Horry County fire investigators say Monday's fire at Anchor Baptist Church in Little River was most likely caused by an electrical problem with a refrigerator in the infant nursery.

      The pastor of the church says 70 percent of the building was impacted by the fire. The infant nursery and several other rooms were destroyed.

      Fire investigators say the State Law Enforcement Division assisted in the investigation, as is customary for church fires.

      The pastor says services will still be held Sunday at the church.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER