Myrtle Beach fire investigators have ended their investigation into the fire that ripped through Time Out Bar and Nightclub around 3 a.m. Thursday, but Myrtle Beach Fire Marshal Bruce Arnel says they're not sure exactly what caused it.
The fire was contained to the second floor of the bar at 8th Avenue North and Oak Street, which has been a landmark in the local gay community for 23 years.
Investigators have confirmed the fire started in a second floor storage room. The room contained decorations and foam cushions, basically items that burn easily and quickly.
Arnel said they have learned there was no power to the second floor. He said because of the extent of the fire, they can't say exactly what started it or if it was intentional. But he didn't believe any accelerants were used. He said it would be up to the Myrtle Beach Police Department to draw final conclusions.
The police department doesn't have anything to release yet though, according to Captain David Knipes.
Although there were several people in the bar at the time of the fire, employee Adam Amira was able to get everyone out safely.
Amira told us he heard a loud noise upstairs and then smelled smoke. When he went to check it out, he saw the fire, got others out of the building, and called 911.
Employees and patrons say the bar is so popular, they're sure it will be back.