Horry County Deputy Coroner Tony Hendrix said asphyxiation by carbon monoxide inhalation was the cause of death for a Loris grandfather and his two grandsons who died in a house fire Wednesday.
The cause of the fire that killed Hugh Elliot, 85, along with his grandsons Austin Daniel Elliott, 9, and Connor Lynn Elliott, 7, has not been determined.
Horry County police said Thursday that there were no obvious signs of arson .
Horry County Fire Rescue and the Loris Fire Department responded to the fire around 12:30 a.m. on Lake Pond Road.
The boys were students at Green Sea Floyds Elementary School. Counselors were called in to help grieving classmates.