93
      Sunday
      94 / 73
      Monday
      91 / 74
      Tuesday
      91 / 71

      Burning candle causes house fire


      An unattended candle burned a home on Mockingbird Circle in Florence County just after one a.m. Friday


      When West Florence firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke showing from the two story home.


      The fire started in a bonus room above the garage and was under control in about 90 minutes.


      Firefighters saved three cats from the home.


      No one was hurt, but the family was displaced.


      The West Florence Fire Department reminds everyone to be aware of open flames in the home, and check fire extinguishers and smoke detectors.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER