MENU

      Accidental fire in Florence sends man to the hospital


      An early morning fire in Florence injured a man who had to be taken to the hospital.


      The fire started around 4:15 a.m. at a residence on the 1400 block of West Palmetto Street, according to Florence Fire Marshal Ken Carr.


      When crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible. They found a bedroom on fire.



      The fire was quickly
      put out.



      There
      is extensive damage to the bedroom, while the rest of the home has smoke and heat damage.



      The resident was

      taken to th

      e hospital



      for smoke inhalation and burns to his arms.



      The fire has been determined to be accidental.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER