One of the juveniles charged as an adult in an attempted murder during an August 2014 armed robbery has been moved to J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Zachariah Tobias Bessent, 17, of Conway, is charged with armed robbery with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, kidnapping and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
He was previously held at the Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia, but now that he is 17-years-old, he will be housed at J. Reuben Long Detention Center, according to Caroline Fox, with the Horry County Solicitor's Office.
The armed robbery happened around 4:30 a.m. Aug. 24 off Highway 544 at the Carolina Petro gas station.
Another one of the juveniles has also been charged as an adult, Fox added.
Antwaun Chandler, 15, is charged with armed robbery with a deadly weapon, attempted murder and kidnapping. He is still in custody at the Department of Juvenile Justice.
Another juvenile is also charged in connection with the case.
According to an Horry County Police report, police responded to the scene and found the clerk lying face down behind the counter. The clerk was able to tell police that three men entered the store and told him to lie on the ground. Then one of the men told another of the men to shoot him.
The man told police that he then heard the gunshot and felt pain in his back.
The clerk was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, and police reviewed the surveillance video to get detailed descriptions of the three and the weapons.