Home goes up in flames in Horry County
Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:48:29 GMT —
Food left on the stove was the cause of an early morning fire in Longs, according to Horry County Fire Rescue spokesperson Julius Graham.
The fire broke out just before 8 a.m. at a mobile home in the 3000 block of Dewitt Road.
Units arrived on scene to find the structure 50 percent involved. By 8:16 a.m. the fire was declared under control by command, Graham added.
Two people were inside the home when the fire broke out but when a smoke alarm alerted them to the fire, they were able to get out.
Both occupants were sent to a local hospital to be treated for minor smoke inhalation.