Florence County woman injured in early morning house fire
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:11:44 GMT —
The Florence Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 1000 Block of Carver Street around 1 a.m. Tuesday morning. Upon arrival firefighters found a single family residence fully involved with fire and a person trapped inside, according to a release.
Crews entered the home and began a coordinated search while other crews directed hose streams to push the fire away from the area where the resident was trapped. Firefighters found the trapped woman, and she was removed from the structure and transported to the hospital by Florence County EMS with serious injuries. There are no details regarding the patient's condition at this time.
The fire was declared under control in about 30 minutes. The fire started near the stove and has been determined to be unintentional, according to fire crews.
The FFD responded with three engine companies, one ladder company and one command staff vehicle. The Florence Police Department and Florence County EMS assisted fire crews on scene.
The Florence Fire Department wants to stress that whenever you are cooking anything to never leave the stove unattended.